Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Get to Know Spencer Milligan

We asked Spencer 10 Questions


Spencer is an intern at Generation Joshua. As a student at Patrick Henry College, he has been a leader on Student Action Teams and now will be helping with around the office and working on projects for the summer. 

1. What was your first job? 

Everyone’s favorite occupation: a grill cook at McDonald’s. And no, I don’t really eat there anymore unless necessity demands it.

2. What book are you currently reading? 

At present I am in the middle of a compelling Star Wars novel, Ruin. Yes, I am a Star Wars junkie. And Yes, this is the 103rd Star Wars novel I have read.

3. What is your dream vacation destination? 

Hmm, well I would have to say the French countryside (like Bayeux and Normandy). I went there in middle school and fell in love with the place. The scenery is beautiful and the history is rich.

4. Where are you most likely to be seen dining when you want a great meal? 

Oooo, I would have to say Clides in Ashburn, VA. Some of the best duck you’ll ever try.

5. What is your favorite professional sports team? 

Ha, well to be honest I’m not a huge sports person, but if I had to pick it would be either the Colts or the Broncos; whichever one manning is on at the moment (tbh I don’t know).

6. What is one way you have seen serious growth in your faith as an adult? 

I would say through developing a consistent quiet time with God. Just by setting aside that time to pray and focus on what God has to say, I have seen my relationship with Him improve in a meaningful way.

7. What’s the most impacting story you read/watched in your youth? 

I would have to say the story of Sergeant York. I always admired the classic story of how God can convert and use even the most pagan of underdogs to do amazing things. If you haven’t read his autobiography, do it. Life changing.

8. What motivates you to continue when life gets crazy? 

All the little instances where I see God work. Mostly involving answers to prayers. I know that no matter how dire or trivial my circumstance, God hears my prayers and is always looking out for me.

9. What were you most surprised about when you started serving with Generation Joshua? 

Probably just how chill everyone was. Everyone in the office was friendly as soon as I walked in the door and was more than happy to answer all of my many questions.

10. What’s one piece of advice that has helped shape the course of your life? 

I hate to go cliché here, but it would have to be my life verse, Colossians 3:23. It says, “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as unto the Lord, and not to men…” This verse made me realize that I am representing Christ everywhere I go and to remember that God’s glory should always be my end goal.

Want to learn more? Follow Spencer on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you enjoy interning!

    Ruin has one of the best Jaina Solo quotes ever ... “The nice thing about being an adolescent is being able to make mature decisions when you need them and being able to just flow alone with life when you don't.” Not totally true, but it was just something really ... profound isn't the right word, but I wasn't expecting that scene to resonate with me as much as it did. I wish Stackpole wrote more of them. One of my reading goals this year is to finish up the "Star Wars Legends" books so I can get to the "new" Star Wars books ... but I really like the Legends characters more than the Force Awakens stuff right now ...

    ReplyDelete