Thursday, December 10, 2015

Get to Know Cory Gibbons

We asked Cory 10 Questions

Cory first heard about Generation Joshua as a student at Patrick Henry College and had so much fun volunteering on a Student Action Team that she has been interning with us ever sense. We asked her 10 questions about herself so that you can get to know her too.


1. What was your first job?

Working at tourist trap restaurant/shoppe in Frankenmuth MI, called the Bavarian Inn, selling $300 porcelain dolls. They wanted to make this place as “authentically” German as possible, so I wore a Dirndl and flowers in my hair everyday.

2. What book are you currently reading?

Well, I am not able to do much pleasure reading these days (being a PHC student in all), so at the moment we are reading through the Death of Ivan Ilych by Leo Tolstoy. If I had a choice in what I would be reading it would be, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams.

3. What is your dream vacation destination?

If I was going to go on a “restful” vacation, I would go to the Pacific Northwest, namely the Oregon Coast.

If I was going to go on a “tourist” vacation, I would go to either Athens, London, Ephesus, or Heidelberg, Germany. (History Geek)

4. Where are you most likely to be seen dining when you want a great meal?

Anywhere you can find good breakfast food. As the great Ron Swanson said, “There has never been a sadness that can’t be cured by breakfast food.”

5. What is your favorite professional sports team?

I am probably going to get a lot of guff about this, but I don’t follow any sports teams. The only teams that I will even think about rooting for would be ones from Michigan. Even then, that is pushing it.

6. What is one way you have seen serious growth in your faith as an adult?

I began to see some major growth, when I read a chapter from George Ladd’s book, New Testament Theology. The chapter was called, “Son of Man.” This passage goes into explain the humanity of Christ. Which before that point I never saw him as a man, that he didn’t have the same feelings and emotions that we have. I knew it in my head that he was a “man”, but never really thought of him as such.

7. What’s the most impacting story you read/watched in your youth?

There are many good options, but I would have to say Wuthering Heights.


8. What motivates you to continue when life gets crazy?

That no matter what God is still on the throne. That even when it seems that I am all alone in my crazy life, he is still there for me.

9. What were you most surprised about when you started serving with Generation Joshua?

The amazing people that I get to work with every day. I did not expect to become great friends with everyone on the office, but it was a very pleasant surprise.

10. What’s one piece of advice that has helped shape the course of your life?

Don’t be afraid to be silly on occasion, and laugh at yourself. Ask anyone in the office and I have my fair share of time every day devoted to being crazy ;-).







No comments:

Post a Comment