Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Get to Know Chaz Toplikar


We asked Chaz 10 Questions


Chaz works part time with Generation Joshua while also working hard as a full time student at Patrick Henry College. As a GenJ alum who served on SATs, participated in club activities, and succeeded in running for president at iGovern East, he pours back into GenJ with a passion to teach, empower, and reach the next generation with a message of hope.


1. What was your first job?


Although I had plenty of experience in high school volunteering my first official job was with Generation Joshua.

2. What book are you currently reading?


Unfortunately, the only books I am currently reading are for school since Patrick Henry College doesn’t give me much time for leisure reading. However, I am slowly working through a book that contains 38 mythological stories in Latin, and hoping to read some books I have been wanting to read over Christmas break.

3. What is your dream vacation destination?


I have always wanted to go to Iceland. There really isn’t a whole lot to do as far as attractions or monuments to see, but I am a guy who loves the outdoors. So, my dream vacation destination would be to backpack across Iceland.

4. Where are you most likely to be seen dining when you want a great meal?


Any kind of meal prepared with my mother’s fried chicken. Doesn’t really matter what the rest of the meal is as long as my mother’s fried chicken is involved.

5. What is your favorite professional sports team?


While I’m not really a team sport watcher since I personally prefer individual sports, my favorite professional sports team currently would have to be the New Zealand All Blacks national rugby team. I enjoy watching rugby, and they’re one of the most fun teams to watch in my opinion. If not them, I would definitely have to say the Le Mans Corvette racing team.

6. What is one way you have seen serious growth in your faith as an adult?


The biggest way I have seen my faith grow as an adult would be in my faith. Just everyday faith. I used to stress about so many things, but I have come to understand that, as long as I am seeking God, He will provide. I simply need to trust that. He has shown me time and time again that He will provide, in the big and small things.

7. What’s the most impacting story you read/watched in your youth?


Well… If I can only pick one… the most impacting story of my youth would probably have to be the biography of Eric Liddell. His story compelled me to improve myself and seek God in ways I had never considered before.

8. What motivates you to continue when life gets crazy?


Life is pretty much always crazy for me since I am a full time college student who enjoys extracurricular activities and also works two part time jobs. So the thing that motivates me to continue almost all the time is that I do what I love and I actually want to do it. For the most part, I enjoy school, I like my jobs, and I have fun with the extracurricular activities. So, no matter how crazy it gets, I enjoy it, or know that I will again soon.

9. What were you most surprised about when you started serving with Generation Joshua?


The thing that most surprised me was how loud the office could get at times and then suddenly go back to complete silence. Like, the office works really hard for a good few hours or so, and then suddenly it turns into a dance party or a karaoke contest or something else similar to those items and then just as suddenly as it happened, it goes back to silence and work...

10. What’s one piece of advice that has helped shape the course of your life?


The biggest piece of advice I ever received was when someone told me, “We all get knocked down. We all fail. That is unavoidable and something we have to accept. But, it’s the ones who get back up and don’t ever stop fighting that succeed in the end.” As someone who has been knocked down and failed more times than I care to count, this reminded me that everyone messes up, but I, with my determination and through seeking God, could conquer anything.

Want to learn more? Follow Chaz on Facebook and Instagram.





No comments:

Post a Comment