Thursday, October 22, 2015

Get to Know Jill Roy

We asked Jill 10 Questions


Jill Roy is the Office Manager of Generation Joshua, which involves everything from event planning and design decor to helping manage the Leadership Corps, to leading the iGovern female counseling team in the summers. She is married to Bradley and they love anything with art, the outdoors, and photography. When not at work, Jill can be found working on hand-lettering projects, watching Parks and Rec or serving on the worship team at church. 


1. What was your first job?

I was a summer tennis instructor for our small town.

2. What book are you currently reading?

Cyrano De Bergerac by Edmund Rostand

3. What is your dream vacation destination?

Ireland, New Zealand, and Venice

4. Where are you most likely to be seen dining when you want a great meal?

Anywhere I can get a great sandwich. Authentic New York delicatessens are the best.

5. What is your favorite professional sports team?

The New York Yankees. I grew up in New York and have kept that loyalty since moving to Virginia.

6. What is one way you have seen serious growth in your faith as an adult?

Learning to rest. Every day, I feel the weight of purpose on my shoulders. A good purpose to serve God and use my talents for His glory, but weight nonetheless. I am terrified of wasting a day of my life. This leads me to take on many projects and get involved in too many activities. While all of these things are good (in that they use my gifts and often help others), they also burn me out. I need to learn that there is as much purpose in giving and serving as there is in rest and rejuvenation. God rested on the 7th day to show us that there is purpose in rest (even though I don’t completely understand that yet). Rest helps us to continue living out His plan for us.

7. What’s the most impacting story you read/watched in your youth?

The Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Those stories gave me an appreciation for family, enjoyment for food, and thankfulness in whatever situation I was in.

8. What motivates you to continue when life gets crazy?

The passion I have for what God has called me to, worshipping the Lord through music and helping others see Him. I have seen God work in a visible way through this calling. When I’m worshipping I’m not focused on the craziness of life, I’m lifting up my eyes to Him.

9. What were you most surprised about when you started serving with Generation Joshua?

The work can be really crazy at times, but when you like what you do and the people you work with are committed to ministry that can make all the difference.

10. What’s one piece of advice that has helped shape the course of your life?

“Never, Never, Never Give Up.” by Winston Churchill.




Want to learn more? Follow Jill on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment